Thursday 26 August 2004

Cop a zeal...

Oh, happy day, Penn Station is full of cops and soldiers. And I mean full. Every few feet or so there's a little huddle of two or three cops. That really makes me feel safe. [That was sarcasm.] Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against police officers. Some of my friends and family are on the force but having that many guns and violently trained people in that concentration is a little scary. I know they're professionals but nobody joins the police let alone the military because they want to avoid violence as much as possible. All I'm saying is that I hope nothing bad happens, or nothing that appears bad happens either. It's all fine and good to want to protect people and I guess people are a little on edge. I just hope that those people on edge don't get spooked or challenged by this "could-be-seen-as-over" reaction.

'Cuz I gotta get to work.

2 comments:

Jenn Wiffen said...

*ding dong* Republicans are a callin!! Beware of elephant stampedes and mysterious disappearances of hookers.

Matt said...

No hookers? That's it. I'm leaving New York. What's the point in staying? *laugh*

Tank? They might have had a tank. They had a big huge thing under a sheet but I just assumed that was for the props and set for the musical number the cops and the soldiers were going to do at the end... *laugh*