Wednesday 15 September 2004

Oh, my blank...

Skimmed through a good portion of this book, "God? A debate between a Christian and an Atheist" by William Lane Craig and Walter Sinnot-Armstrong. I've heard, read and used a lot of these arguments and points many times before but this makes a very good introduction to the argument with mention made of most of the usual arguments and their usual responses. Probably not going to convince anyone of anything other that their own original position but at least it may make a few people think about why they believe what they believe.

2 comments:

andiepoo said...

I try to avoid discussing it with people altogether. Very touchy subject, and it so happens that the Philippines is also the "most Christian" country in Asia or something. :p

What do you believe in, by the way?

Matt said...

Religion, politics, ethics, science... all the things people avoid talking about, I need to talk about. I hate small talk. I'm not very good at it. I don't see the reason for talking about things that don't matter, or the desire for people to stick to those topics for the very reason that they don't matter. I'm agnostic by the way. I think any philosopher or scientist, worth his/her mettle has to be. At least until they know the answer. Then they should tell me! *laugh*