Saturday 2 October 2004

The lazy worm avoids the bird...

Another early morning rise today. Even earlier than before. My wife and I have been taking shifts so that we can each get a good length of time to sleep but one of us can feed and change [and feed and change] and watch [and cuddle] the baby. I took the morning watch because I have to be up anyway to get ready for work and I can have a little rest on the trains [theoretically].

I really wish I was a morning person. When I have to and I eventually fully awake, I really enjoy the silence and the chill of 4,5,6 o'clock. I like the darkness, slowly lightening. I like the people who are up at that time -- the really annoying people tend to sleep in. And I like the jump on the day. There's so much day left when you wake up early.

But then again, sleep's so nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that I was a morning person, too! But I'm not really and it bites the big one. I don't have a problem getting up, it's just that I'm not really there. I don't want to chat or goof or joke around. I just want to do my thing and kind of zone. I think it would help if I drank coffee but I don't. So nothing really helps me jumpstart the day. :) Grats on the baby, by the way. Little ones are just the cutest. :D

andiepoo said...

Okay, I know I am in no position to give advice since the most experience I've had with child-rearing is making my Sims quit their jobs for a few days until the parents are in the green again, so I'm not going to, though I have to ask: Is there any way you can make that whole waking up at odd hours thing fun?

Matt said...

denise : No. Coffee's a crutch. And tastes disgusting. I don't drink it either.

andie : Fun? Of course it's fun! If by fun you mean painfullly keeping your eyes open and balance while carrying a squirmy baby, two baby bottles, something to wipe up dribbles, sitting down, finally getting him to be quiet, and then realizing you've forgotten your glasses and the remote control one foot too far away from your reach. And moving the baby an inch will disturb his majesty's peace. Yep. Fun.