Monday 18 October 2004

Not as deep as it should be...

Well, I've encountered one of the very few movies that I have been forced to stop watching in the middle. Shallow Hal is onstensibly about seeing the inner beauty in people not normally seen by the average person as beautiful, but I don't think it really hits the mark. Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea and Jack Black is damn funny, but this movie just didn't strike me as particularly engaging. I don't know. Maybe it was just the boring, usual "fat jokes" that were never funny to begin with [like Paltrow's character constantly eating]. I know that it was supposed to be a comedy but it just didn't make me want to sit through it to the end. Oh well. It was just on TV so no big loss. Try it if you want. Maybe you'll have more luck.

No comments: