Saturday 9 October 2004

That's good eatin'...

I watched "Super Size Me" a few days ago. Unlike every other person, I'm not going to go into describing the story/concept except to simply say that it's a documentary about a guy eating McDonald's for a month and getting sick. Watch the film for more detail... Seriously. It's good.

But it's really sad to think how it takes someone intentionally harming themselves to make us think about this kind of thing. I mean, we all know that fast food and other things are bad for us but we don't do anything about it unless someone is visibly and gruesomely harmed or even killed. And even then maybe not... Since I saw the movie, I overheard these people talking about it, saying how it's just horrible, and that they're not anything like that. They went on to say how they only go the McD's 2 or 3 times a week or only get salads. Ok. I wish some people would cull themselves from the herd a little quicker...

No comments: