Friday 2 December 2005

Good work...

I just borrowed a book called "The Road to Stockholm" by Istvan Hargittai. I was just browsing through my library's collection (in the mostly non-medical section) to find something interesting and this title caught my eye. It's all about the Nobel Prize and the science (and scientists) around it. Not only does that seem interesting but it's probably something I should know a little about being a science librarian. I know a little about it already but I really should now more about the history, a bit of the process, and perhaps some of the winners as well.

Just glancing through the book just now, I noticed that there was a bit of an uproar when Alfred Nobel proposed the prize, it being based in Sweden but awarded internationally, many people including the King of Sweden did not what the prize money leaving the country. Good job, Al! Stick it to the man!

No comments: