Tuesday 28 February 2006

Running on empty...

Called up GM (General Motors) yesterday to ask them a question of curiosity. I wanted to know how much gas is left in my 2001 Pontiac Sunfire when the low fuel warning light comes on. It turns out this information is in the car manual but I didn't look in there... I like to make them work for their money. Anyway, I called them up and followed the automated operator thingy to "Product Information" which was probably in the Sales department from the sound of the lady I talked to. So, I asked her my question, to see if she knew or if she knew who would know. She took all my information (and I mean ALL my information: phone number, name, "is this your only vehicle?", asked for my address -- that's where I stopped giving out info -- my they're nosy!) and said that she would have the answer in a couple of days. Now I was making this call from work (I'm a librarian, it was information gathering, it's work related... get off my back!) but she calls my home about 10 minutes later with the answer and apparently sounds all surprised that I'm not home! Anyway, the answer is 1.5 gallons or 5.7 liters, so based on the mileage (between 21 and 23 mpg) I can go about 32 miles or 51 kilometers just "on fumes". That's good to know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe she thought you were going to stifle someone's gas. I wouldn't put that pass you, after all you were trying for about a half hour trying to get me to look up the word gullible, but you did set up for the class for me that day, so it wasn't too bad. Brat! :-P

Debbie