Thursday 2 March 2006

Bugging me...

So, my wife calls me at work yesterday and tells me that the school says our daughter has "nits". EWWWWWW!!!! Ok, it's gross but you know kids: rolling around in the dirt, rubbing heads with everyone, picking their noses and eating it, all par for the course -- if one kid's got something they'll all get it eventually. The only problem is the instant I hear about this I'M the one who suddenly starts to feel itchy all over!!! The rest of my day is RUINED because now I'm feeling little itches all over constantly! Even though I know I don't have anything, I don't even think that my daughter really has anything, still, just the thought makes me all squirmy and scratchy. Thanks, whoever's responsible for making my brain work the way it does! Whoever believes in the "Intelligent Design" theory of the universe obviously didn't think it took that much intelligence! *laugh*

(To close the story, we had to buy some expensive shampoo, wash her hair thoroughly with the horribly smelly stuff, and still I found nothing in her hair. I literally went through her hair with a fine tooth comb -- a nit comb that came with the shampoo -- and saw nothing... I don't know.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm.. it probaly wasn't a nit, Zoe probaly had a little of dirt in her hair or something, and the nurse probaly mistook it as a nit. Now, the little itchiness that you felt...well your just weird. :-P

Debbie

Anonymous said...

If you want Intelligent Design, check this out. I especially like the global warming theory.
http://www.venganza.org/index.htm

Matt said...

Debbie: I don't know. Probably. Although aren't these people supposed to be professionals? Oh well. And yes I AM weird.

Bonnie: [venganza.org] LOL! I love that "graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years". I like how the x axis starts at 35000, goes up to 45000, then back down to 20000!

Anonymous said...

You should see "Penn&Tellers: Bullshit" episode on "Intelligent Design" That show is very interesting. Mike and I have seasons 1 and 2 on DVD.

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Yes, they are supposed to be professionals, but sorry to say this doctors don't always know what is going on, even with all the tests that they make toy go through. And also she's a school nurse.

Debbie