Thursday 14 October 2004

Whipper-snappers...

The right hand knoweth not...

Yes! This is so true. Despite the fact that a lot of librarians are not as bright or as knowledgeable as I would like, we are a reasonably well-educated and well-placed (information and technology-wise) bunch. I have experienced the resistance older librarians have when faced with a young upstart suggesting new ways of doing things. I'm not saying that everything I suggested when starting out was perfect (although it was, of course) or that it was all met with "this is the way we've always done it" (although I have heard that), but rather that there's simply no easy way for new ideas to bubble up and have their day in court. We need to harvest the youthfulness of youth or at least come up with better reasons why we shouldn't listen to them! *laugh*

No comments: