Thursday 18 November 2004

Plant another Page in my memory...

On this day in 1971, a little less than three years before I was born, Led Zeppelin released their 4th album... the one with the man with the bundle of sticks on his back... untitled... just to piss us all off. Actually it was (and is) one of the best albums ever made : Stairway to Heaven, Rock and Roll, When the Levee Breaks (my personal favourite), Black Dog...

I don't remember when I first got a copy of "Led Zeppelin IV", but I do have a specific memory connected with the album. You ever listen to an album or a song so much that whatever you were doing while listening to it becomes hardwired into any thoughts of it. Everytime I hear any song from Zeppelin's fourth album I remember riding in the car going to Bon Echo Provincial Park to go camping. Of course the same thing happens for Ozzy Osbourne's "No More Tears" and anything by Gordon Lightfoot. We went often and they were long trips.

No comments: