Friday 17 February 2006

Oh my...

Well, it's been an exciting day already!

My daughter's still sick (we took her to see someone the other day but they said she only had a cold despite the long-lasting fever she's had). Her temperature's gone down quite a bit now but now she seems to have an ear infection! I guess we'll have to take her back.

Soon after I got to work, the scaffolding on the hospital next door fell down with a loud crash! No one was hurt and nothing was damaged as far as I could see. They knew it would probably happen -- they had people blocking off the streets and the police were hanging around -- and it was very VERY windy. Not a surprise.

Then, while we were all rushing over to see what the loud crash was and to see the crumpled scaffolding, I noticed there was a bullet hole in the glass of one of the study rooms! Well, maybe not a bullet hole... It was probably just a small rock from a tire of a car driving by (we're next to a small but rather busy road). But the expert opinion (one of the maintenance guys come to look at it) said it could be a pellet gun shot. But it looks like it's been there for a while.

So it's been a fascinating day so far... I hoping it will get much more boring and therefore much more productive as the day progresses.

No comments: