Friday 31 October 2008

Flock...

Just downloaded and tried out a new "social networking" browser called Flock.  Pretty neat.  It allows me to save my ids to and access easily all my social networking related accounts and tools and sites like facebook, del.icio.us, Blogger, Flickr, etc.  It's got all the bells and whistles that Firefox has (and I do like Firefox) since it's built on the Mozilla engine so it's got all the basic functions taken care of.  The extra bits are well-integrated into the tools such as a left sidebar to view my "people" accounts such as facebook, myspace and Flickr, so I can easily see recent updates my friends have made to their statuses (stati?), media, my notifications, my messages, etc.  It does the same thing (integrating access into the tool) with media sites (like YouTube, and Flickr), web-based mail (Gmail, Yahoo, AOl, etc.), blogging software (BLogger, Wordpress...  I'm writing this from within Flock right now!), rss feeds (I imported all my bloglines subscriptions into it to check it out, plus it recognized my Flickr comments feed that I didn't realize actually had comments that I should have been responding to!), and probably more that I haven't discovered yet.
Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: