Tuesday 5 May 2009

Wash, Rinse, Relax.

About a month ago, I heard on the radio (it's CBC so it's trustworthy) that, for the good of your hair, really, we shouldn't be washing our hair every single day. It has to do with the fact that your scalp/follicles produce oils to prevent your head from drying out (I think that's what they said) and since shampooing removes all that oil and grease, it's actually drying it out, causing more oils to be produced. Shampooing indirectly makes your hair greasier. And the last thing I need is to be doing damage to my already retreating hair. "Come back here, you!"

So I tried it. I only wash my hair about 3 times a week: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, just to make it easy to remember. I've been doing it every since that fateful radio show, so it's been about 5 weeks, and honestly, I really can't tell the difference. It felt somewhat weird the first few days without it, and I thought everyone was going to be able to tell and be all grossed out, but no, I'm not disgusting people daily, I haven't been scaring small children on the street.

So what do you think? Eww or yay? Try it. It saves your hair, oh and it also saves shampoo. Bonus!

No comments: