Monday 4 July 2011

Review of "Good Dog. Stay." by Anna Quidlen

Good dog. Stay.Good dog. Stay. by Anna Quindlen [View on Amazon]

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Not a bad little book. I was just looking for something short in non-fiction and came across this in my small local library branch.

Maybe 40 pages in total (a lot of pictures of random dogs), this book is an extremely short read, and the message is quite simple. But it's a good "pick me up" for anyone who likes dogs to even the slightest degree. It tells of the acquisition of various dogs by the author, their relationships (with each other and with the family), and the end of life for one of them. As the author says, it is really about the people since dog-ownership involves a lot of anthropomorphism and projection of one's self onto the animals.

View all my reviews

No comments: